Vancouver Election

I am always reluctant to vote since I think that the system of representational democracy needs to be replaced with something less heirarchial and even more democratic. But until that change happens, and while we spend our other days working for that to happen, I don't think that it hurts to cast our ballots in the meantime. And municipal politicians seem to be the most responsive to the needs of the people.

So here is who I am thinking of voting for in the Vancouver elections (subject to change):

Mayor (1)

WEST, Ben (yeah, I know that Jim Green is the lesser of two evils when compared to Sam Sullivan - but I can not in good conscience vote for a mayor from the party that abandoned their election promises, abandoned COPE, supported P3 programs (RAV) and voted to do business with a war criminals (SNC-Lavalin)).

Councillors (10)
Park commissioner (7)
School Trustee (9)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are so many Canadians duped by this graphic?

Buses on the Port Mann

Is BC Hydro about to Kill Solar Energy in BC?